We all would agree that these days cold shoulders are
extremely trendy. From party gowns to lehenga, from dresses to top and even
shirts come with cold shoulder sleeves. But sometimes we either don’t get
desired design or the fabric. I also scanned a few e-commerce sites for cold
shoulder top, but I couldn’t find any. Some had size issues or some didn’t have
the design I was looking for.
So finally I transformed one of my old tops into a new trendy
cold shoulder top. And thought if I am facing this issue than there must be
others who may have the same concern so that is why I am sharing a step by step
guide to how you can transform a normal top into a cold shoulder top.
Step 1: Select a top you want to turn into Cold Shoulder Top
Step 2: Find a matching cloth of half meter from which you
can make the sleeves
Step 3: Divide the cloth into two rectangular parts. Width
should be 2 inches more than the desired width of the sleeves and length can be
twice the width.
Step 4: Hem the rectangular piece from one side (Hemming can
be done either by needle and thread or using a sewing machine) and create a
casing for elastic on the other side.
Step 5: Insert the elastic and cut the elastic as per the
desired length. It should not be too tight or too loose
Step 6: Once you prepare the sleeves, it’s time to sew them
to the top. So start sewing the sleeves having both the right side facing each
other and leave half of the sleeve and start attaching it from the middle.
Now your cold shoulder top is ready to be worn. And now, it is
your favourite top turned into a trendy one as well.
Hope you all liked this DIY.





Comments
Post a Comment